Home Forums Engagement Shorebird Page on Website

4 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Robert Penner 8 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Robert Penner
    Participant
    @docbirdy

It took a long time to get to this point but shorebird conservation in Kansas is actually getting noticed. The state chapter of the Nature Conservancy recently developed a webpage about shorebirds. Check it out at: nature.org/kansas

Maina Handmaker
    Keymaster
    @shorebird-forum-admin

Thanks for sharing, Robert! Congratulations on a great feature. For anyone curious to see the TNC page, which is full of great information and photos, here is the direct link.

For more information about the Shorebird Conservation Action Symposium that Manomet and Robert Penner of TNC Kansas hosted at Cheyenne Bottoms in 2018, check out the Shorebird Science blog post Prioritizing Shorebirds in the Prairies: Conservation Action in Kansas

Monica Iglecia
    Keymaster
    @monicai

Robert Penner and I recently developed this article to celebrate American Golden-Plover migration in the midcontinent, with a particular focus highlighting the Flint Hills region. Plover migration coincides well with Earth Day, so we hope to enthuse people in shorebirds as they celebrate the Earth. https://www.manomet.org/publication/the-american-golden-plover-connecting-the-world-on-earth-day

Josmar Esteban Marquez
    Participant
    @josmar-marquez

Hi. This has been our experience, in integrating the local community in the monitoring of this project. being inclusive with the locals.
    This was published by BirdsCaribbean on their website. Snowy Plover Projetc Venezuela

hola. Esta ha sido nuestra experiencia, en integrar a la comunidad local en los monitoreos de este proyecto. siendo inclusivos con los locales.
    esto fue publicado por BirdsCaribbean en su página web.

Robert Penner
    Participant
    @docbirdy

Not a scientific paper by any means, but I did put together a short report on what I believe is a shift in migration timing and species abundance at Cheyenne Bottoms located in Kansas. I do a number of such short reports but not much call for them within the Nature Conservancy, the organization I would for. So decided to put on the forum.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.